Re: What should mirrorless cameras be called?
MILC is just as stupid as EVIL. The most important difference other than no mirror is the large sensor. No Mirror Large Sensor. Some large sensor cameras don't have an interchangeable lens system. Some large sensor cameras don't have an electronic viewfinder. Trying to find a convenient name seems almost childish. Oh oh oh -- we can't use one because we don't know what to call it.
Kind of silly thinks I.
Here's an idea -- instead of wasting your brain cells trying to find a nice neat pigeon hole for a whole range of possible cameras -- just call them by their name -- like Sony NEX5 -- Panasonic GH3 -- you know -- like what the manufacturers call them.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%