HS20 Issues - Share yours here....

Started Apr 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 18,328
Re: HS20 Issues - all cameras or just few, and dslr replacement

rattymouse wrote:

Daniel Lowe wrote:

The problem with a DSLR is that it will cost you 3-4 times as much as the HS20 to even come close to matching the HS20's reach, and it will require up to 3 lens changes to get there! and even then, they will only be cheaper lenses on an entry level DSLR.

Wrong. A Canon Rebel T1i is $600. Add to that a Tamron 18-270 for another $600. You can easily crop your way to 720mm with the Canon's higher resolution and the IQ will utterly spank an HS10/20. Not 3-4 times the cost and not using 3 lenses.

I'm always amused at the claims of what it would cost to do X or Y with a DSLR vs a bridge cam. Having finally taken the plunge to a DSLR last year I have found some fantastic deals on slightly used lenses; combine those lenses with the ability to shoot at ISO 1600 and above with good results and the bridge camera economy has a price tag of its own.

-- hide signature --

Not one duck, squirrel, seagull, pigeon, flower, or statue photo posted in 4+ years.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LSF
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow