HS20 Issues - Share yours here....

Started Apr 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
Ralph McKenzie Senior Member • Posts: 2,072
Re: Thanks everyone for your comments and

I need to make a change to my earlier statement , the HS20 is indeed made in China. I even managed to track the company that produces it thanks to a bit of Google detective work.

I had the chance today to put my HS10 along side the HS20. A number of things were evident. The camera (seems visually) to be a wee bit smaller than the HS10 and when both cameras were loaded with batteries the HS20 was considerably lighter than my HS10. The girl in the shop I was at agreed with this and I might say she knows a bit about cameras, which was a pleasant change from the usual sales people I have dealt with. It made me wonder though, what had been sacrificed in the build quality to see the weight reduced as much as it is.

PS: My HS10 is definitely made in Indonesia and the fit, finish and overall quality seemed more robust than the HS20. At this point in time I cant see me getting the HS20 as a replacement unless Fuji really can sort the problems out within a fairly short time.

The price of the Pentax K-r kits are now only $175.00 more expensive than the new price of the HS20 and is starting to look mighty tempting, so Fuji better get their act together.

Love dat Fuji
http://akiwiretrospective.blogspot.com/
Fuji HS10,Pentax K1000, Pentax sf7, Pentax zx-50

Ralph McKenzie's gear list:Ralph McKenzie's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Canon EOS 1000D Canon EOS Rebel T4i Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LSF
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow