HS20 Issues - Share yours here....

Started Apr 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
AdamT
AdamT Forum Pro • Posts: 59,198
Re: Cheap labor and nothing more

I am not sure if I should return the camera or not, especially considering the dust inside the lens where I cannot clean.

I would return it even if the camera as a model was a keeper (which IMO it certainly is not on image quality grounds) - the zoom shouldn't be bumpy according to other HS users and there shouldn't be grease on the underside the front element ..

• Japanese company item made in China

don't worry about that - some of the worst put together lenses are still made in Japan - Sigma consistently throw out dud after dud off their japanese production lines as do (to a lesser degree) Tamron and Canon .. Funny how Chinese constructed Tamron 70-300 VCs and 18-270VCs are more consistent . Hmmm . another example is the Canon G9 / A650IS debacle, three out of three G9s in our family had sensor misalignment giving the effect of a decentered lens (blurred side) every single chinese constructed A650IS I've seen (about 6 in total, I've owned Three) were perfect .

-- hide signature --

A Problem is only the pessimistic way of looking at a challenge

AdamT's gear list:AdamT's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Sony RX100 III Sony RX10 III Nikon D700 Sony a6000 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
LSF
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow