60D successor! Soon???

Started Mar 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
MrTapi Forum Member • Posts: 83
Re: What about the new Nikon D5100 ??

There has also been a shift on who is buying DSLR cameras since the days of 300D and D70, which may explain some of the unexpected threads in the forums. DSLRs are now marketed not only for die-hard enthusiasts, but also for novices who want nice pics of their cats, dogs, gardens and grandchildren. I was surprised, and a little insulted, to find that some of these 'cool' filters have now found their way into my 60D. I am afraid we will be seeing more of the cool effects in the future.

That is not a bad thing, since the fact that high-end cameras are being sold for the masses makes them cheaper for all of us. I just feel sorry for the people who are being duped to buy them only the find that it is much easier to fail with a DSLR than with an automatic compact camera.

Anyway, some of the posters on this thread seem to expect Canon fire a response to D5100 in a month or two. That is not the way product development works. Whatever Canon is working now, and what will be released in the coming two years is based on research and expectations on market and consumer preferences. I am sure D5100 is a great camera, but there is nothing revolutionary about it, and there is no reason for Canon to alter their production pipeline because of it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow