faulty 5D mk2 - pink images - corrupted data - sensor freeze

Started Apr 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
cs_foto Regular Member • Posts: 236
faulty 5D mk2 - pink images - corrupted data - sensor freeze

Hi,

I just received a brand new 5Dmk2 from BH Photo and I am really sad to say that the camera came with a mayor quality issue,

For some weird reason (after taking several images without a problem, the sensor seems to freeze... out of the blue I start to get files like the attached two, in order to 'fix' this I need to take the batteries out and switch on again..

The issue is random, comes suddenly without any change of settings or nothing, at low and high ISO, the files look like that in both LCD screen and on my computer, JPGs and RAW files have the same problem..

So far I have found a couple of threads online, they all ended up sending the camera back to canon...

To me this seems like a software problem, so why not issue a bloody firmware fix?

For me it is very hard to send the camera back as I am not in the USA anymore... and I am really upset (obviously)

I have firmware 2.0.8

Is there any place where I can download firmware 2.0.7? I want to try downgrading to see if the problem disappears....

Thanks in advance

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow