When is Brian Smith going to jump the Sony Ship?

Started Mar 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
HopeSpringsEternal OP Regular Member • Posts: 484
Re: I wouldn't be too sure...

Well maybe like Walt he simply purchased several A900s and will be sitting tight even after Sony releases the SLT A9x?

winedarksea wrote:

He will change his tune if & when he decides that the new EVF on the Sony FF camera now expected in 2012 (which I expect he is involved in planning) is as good as or better than the great OVF on the A900.

Meanwhile, he is still a Sony Artisan of Imagery, and will be making presentations for Sony at least as far ahead as these things are planned. For example, he is making a keynote address for Sony on October 21 of this year.

You must admit that Sony set an extremely high measure for itself when it spent a great deal of R&D captial designing the A900 OVF--when I am sure they were already thinking about the EVFs of the future. I believe that this was deliberate: if they can equal the A900 OVF that they themselves created, in a great EVF, that will be saying a great deal. Brian & the other Artisans must know by now, and probably at least six months ago, that Sony was aiming at an EVF future. They haven't fled--any of them, as far as I can see.

Dulaney

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
tex
ck3
mee
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow