HX9V - Some Further Thoughts

Started Mar 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zurtvortex Forum Member • Posts: 65
HX9V - Some Further Thoughts

Now I have had a chance to use it some more, there are some very obvious conclusions to be drawn when comparing to my TZ7...

High ISO - is exceptionally good, 1600 has no yellow blotches, is sharper and can be used up to 10x8". If you use the Superior iAuto 2000 ISO (a composite of 5 shots) outperforms 200 ISO on the TZ7. Yes, I know, you all want loads of images posted but for now this is just a written assessment.

Smearing/loss of IQ/NR - 16mp produces considerably more than the 10mp Pana, but unless you sit at your screen counting pixels, you won't care because you'll be out enjoying your photography.

Low light - exceptional, and the flash range is particluarly impressive. I took a late dusk movie in 50p and it still managed to focus despite the gloom. And it was sharp and shake-free.

Still Image Stabilisation - not so good, rarely can I get a shake-free image (in P mode) at less than 1/15s whereas the TZ7 consistently gives sharp images at 1/8s or even less. However, in Movie mode it is completely different as it adds digital stabilisation to optical which results in much great stability.

But it is all the i-options that make this camera so versatile; its ability to do multiple overlays to produce more-than-acceptable hi-ISO images is a treat.

OK, I give in, just one low light image, using the Superior Auto mode, hand held, manual white balance and note the ISO!

Any further questions?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow