Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,320
Re: get both

Jon Rty wrote:

I've used a iPad enough to know how it looks without looking at a video. One of my closest friends has one. A app for a bigger screen is a app for a bigger screen, it does not matter if that bigger screen is optional or not. Thus if a ecosystem has tablet apps, like for iOS or Android, then you can use them just as well with your dock as with your stand-alone tablet.

Sigh. I suggest you do look at those videos, because you'll soon realize that these apps aren't just iPhone apps uprezed for a bigger screen. Heck, most of these apps aren't even available for the iPhone! In other words, there is only an iPad version! Haha! Yes, there are some apps that fit that description of just being uprezed iPhone apps. But smart and successful apps designers who want to design a good app will and do take advantage of the much larger screen real estate of an iPad. Hence the fact that there are many, many, many apps that either have no iPhone version, or have very diminished versions for the iPhone, suitable for the iPhone's smaller screen.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow