Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 20,321
Re: get both

Jon Rty wrote:

There's nothing hypothetical about it. The Atrix was the first, and the rest will follow. Considering that tablets modeled after the iPad are nothing but smartphones with larger screens there evolution is natural.

Well, actually, it is a hypothetical. We still don't know if the Atrix concept will survive. It's a very competitive market. There are a lot of things competing for the consumer's attention. Also read my post directly below on the issue of simply using cell phone apps on a much larger screen.

Just like mine your comment that you'll realize that you still need another device can be applied to anything. No, photographers don't do a lot of typing, but outside of being used as a viewing device ARM tablets also do not offer much that a smartphone doesn't.

Sigh. You're talking to someone who already has a lot of other devices. I'm sharing my first-hand experience. Maybe when you get an Atrix, or any of these other devices, and get your own first-hand experience, we can get together and compare notes. Until then, I am afraid you are just making a lot of speculative talk and conjecture.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Samsung NX30 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow