Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,166
Re: get both

PicOne wrote:

I wonder though.. if someone took eg. the Jobo Gigavue (250gb-500gb storage).. just flattened it out and increased the screen size.. Wouldn't this be what many many folks would rather have? At least you'd also have a field device suited to backup storage as well. Is there actually a reason an ipad doesn't have a sd slot for addt'l storage and or for transfer?

I'm sure everyone would like that. But no product is perfect. Everything has its pros and cons. But you have a good idea. Now you just need to find someone to make it.

But, no, I don't see that is necessarily being something that "many, many folks would rather have." Keep in mind that the millions of people who have bought and iPad, and who have stood in line to get one aren't buying it because it's a giant Gigavue, flattened out and with a bigger screen. On the contrary, they are buying it for all the things they can do with it! Heck, if you want to get a glimpse of just some of the iPad apps that are just related to photography, check out AdoramaTV's "app of the week" page at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/adoramaTV#g/c/963DA108BA3E7CD6

So, again, it's what people can do with the iPad (ie, all those apps) that gets them buying the iPad. If you just made a giant Gigavue, most people would just look at it and say, "But what does it do? Where are all the apps?"

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow