Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Barry Fitzgerald Forum Pro • Posts: 29,888
Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

T3 wrote:

Wow, a company figured out a way to make money. Shocking! That's life. That's business. Hey, I have Windows 7 on my PC's, even though the OS runs slower than XP! Microsoft is also milking an obvious cash cow with their Windows.

Wrong it's not you don't have to buy windows 7 it's a choice you can use your XP pc if you want to.

My remarks are specific to the battery no other maker would attempt to design a product that stops users getting easy access to with that in mind I'll have to disagree.

So? Remember, I use Windows. I have all my life. I definitely know why I use Windows, vs Mac. Other than a first-gen iPod Shuffle I bought many years ago (the one that looked like a white pack of chewing gum), the iPad is only the second Apple product I've ever bought. But I do have to say that the quality of Mac products and the quality of their service is quite excellent. I have a friend who bought a refurb iPad off of the Apple online store last year (the first Apple product he as ever bought) after he saw my iPad. The wi-fi on his iPad worked for three days, then the wi-fi went dead. We set an appointment at the local Apple store via Apple's website, we took it in with no receipt, the Apple guy took a look at it, looked us up in the system, and said, "I'll go grab you a new one." We were done in less than ten minutes. No hassle, no fuss, no brain-dead teenage store clerk to try out patience, no lines. Just a simple, hassle-free experience, pleasant experience. After that, my friend and I were very impressed, and we could understand why people choose to pay more for Apple products. I don't think it's unreasonable to spend more money for a better experience.

In a free market economy people are free to buy what they wish.

I admire Apple they have a unique ability to make products people want but that does not always mean they are the "best out there" I'm sure their service is good I've never doubted that.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow