Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
T3 Forum Pro • Posts: 21,142
Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

The practical point is mainly in reference to the "non battery accessible" design on most of their products batteries wear out and it's little more than an obvious cash cow for the company.

Wow, a company figured out a way to make money. Shocking! That's life. That's business. Hey, I have Windows 7 on my PC's, even though the OS runs slower than XP! Microsoft is also milking an obvious cash cow with their Windows.

As far as computers go price any desktop Mac up and I could build one better faster and cheaper using very high quality components with ease so could any system builder they just don't stack up computers wise. Don't get me wrong the OS is nice but it's a heavy price to pay when you should have more hardware choices at more reasonable prices. Just add a ram upgrade to a Mac at an Apple store and you'll see what I mean!

So? Remember, I use Windows. I have all my life. I definitely know why I use Windows, vs Mac. Other than a first-gen iPod Shuffle I bought many years ago (the one that looked like a white pack of chewing gum), the iPad is only the second Apple product I've ever bought. But I do have to say that the quality of Mac products and the quality of their service is quite excellent. I have a friend who bought a refurb iPad off of the Apple online store last year (the first Apple product he as ever bought) after he saw my iPad. The wi-fi on his iPad worked for three days, then the wi-fi went dead. We set an appointment at the local Apple store via Apple's website, we took it in with no receipt, the Apple guy took a look at it, looked us up in the system, and said, "I'll go grab you a new one." We were done in less than ten minutes. No hassle, no fuss, no brain-dead teenage store clerk to try out patience, no lines. Just a simple, hassle-free, pleasant experience from people actually knew what they were talking about and seemed very well trained. After that, my friend and I were very impressed, and we could understand why people choose to pay more for Apple products. I don't think it's unreasonable to spend more money for a better experience.

T3's gear list:T3's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL3 Canon EOS M Fujifilm X-E1 Sony a6000 +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow