Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Mark B. Forum Pro • Posts: 22,805
Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Barry Fitzgerald wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

I personally know pro photographers that would disagree with you. Post your reply above on the Pro Forum and see how many agree with you.

Do I care?

The range of chest bangers over on the pro forum is unrivalled

And I don't shoot Canon either but most would say they are the best brand to use something wrong with not following what others say or do?

I shoot Canon and I would also disagree with that statement. What's more important is the skill level of the photographer - not the name on the front of the camera. If Canon was the best why isn't every pro using it?

Nobody is saying that every pro should use an iPad. What I'm saying is don't be so close minded to say that just because you personally can't see the value, don't expand that to every photographer and say none should use it.

I don't have one, nor do I make a significant amount of money from photography. But I can see how it could be used in certain situations. It's obviously not meant as a laptop replacement; rather it is a supplement.

Problem is for the price it simply does not add up you really would be better served with a laptop. I prefer print for presentation myself no ipad will ever rival a real print
for displaying work to clients. Guess that's the old fashioned view..so be it!

Again, you're trying to compare it to a laptop which it's not. Ultra portability, instant start up & shut down, and ease of use are the strengths.

You're entitled to your opinion, but don't force it on everybody else. In your own words, "something wrong with not following what others say or do?"

Mark

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow