Re: Just posted: Apple iPad 2: Tool or Toy?

Started Mar 18, 2011 | Discussions thread
Jon Rty Veteran Member • Posts: 3,838
Re: Closest notebook is Sony X-Series, not Macbook Air...

Personally I'd say that the best comparison for a iPad would be tablet computers, and frankly I find it quite the omission not to mention any in the article here. Take the Asus EP121 for instance, it has a 12" 1280x800 capacitive IPS screen with a Wacom digitizer running Windows 7 on a Intel i5 and a 64GB SSD. The only thing the iPad has over it is batterylife, weight and thinnes.

bloodycape wrote:

I am sorry that is wrong. The closest notebook would actually be the Fujitsu T580 tablet. It is a 10.1in convertible tablet at 1366x768 res, running an ulv i3 or i5 cpu, matte display with the option of multi-touch, SD card slot, HDMI, and N-Trig gen 2 pen support(larger Fujitsu models use Wacom). I guess the only down side would be the $1000 base.

Sony X while nice is using the older Atom, which even the newer Atom models struggle with some HD work. Now the Vaio TT, weights a bit more than the X, but you do get an 11.1in 8-bit anti-glare TN screen, with a ULV C2D cpu, SD card, and express card slot, and an optical drive(blu-ray optional). This is what I am using currently as my main PC and never had an issue with playing any HD files(flash included) and no real problems with editing raw files in CS4 + ACR.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BJN
T3
T3
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
T3
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow