Using XZ-1 with External Monitor

Started Mar 10, 2011 | Discussions thread
Michael Meissner
Michael Meissner Forum Pro • Posts: 25,143
Re: Using XZ-1 with External Monitor

Allan Ostling wrote:

Michael Meissner wrote:

I don't know what Olympus does on the XZ-1, but I imagine it is similar to what it does on the Pen and E dslr cameras with live view.

Speaking of the Pen E-P2, can you identify the amazing leather half-case you have on yours? I want one.

Sure, it is an Aki-asahi case. It is more expensive than many of the run of the mill cases (but there are a few even more expensive):
http://aki-asahi.com/store/html/E-P2/case/EP1LeatherCase_e.php

I find with the E-P2 it moves my fingers up a bit, and I am less likely to dial the control dial under the 4 position pad with it. It is the only case I saw when I was looking that had an opening for the video out/shutter release.

The case did not have a tripod socket hole, so I drilled my own, and found a longer tripod screw with knurled base to attach to the body.

The legends for the 4 buttons are covered up, so you should know which each of the buttons do without having to check for the little icon. Also, the on/off button is slightly more effort to press (you can't come at the button from the side, you have to go directly down).

Michael Meissner's gear list:Michael Meissner's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus TG-860 Olympus E-5 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 +19 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow