XZ-1 Richard Franiec grip = Amazing

Started Mar 9, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Crazy_M New Member • Posts: 12
XZ-1 Richard Franiec grip = Amazing

I've had my XZ-1 grip for a couple of days now so I thought I'd offer my opinions on it for those sitting on the fence.

• The fit and finish is perfect. There is no other word for it. There are no gaps or lips or anything to get caught up.

• In practice it make NO discernible increase to the camera bulk. As you can see the lens even in the closed position is absolutely dwarfs it.

• The amount of additional grip it offers is surprising. I cant imagine going back to without it. I was initially on the fence because the XZ-1 handles okay out of the box, but I had wondered if it could be improved because the weight of the lens creates a noticeable torque in your hand. With the grip on I can hook my middle finger securely around it and there is a major increase in stability when hand-holding.

So if you think your naked XZ-1 feels like its missing something I can 100% recommend the Franiec grip. If you think the XZ-1 is fine as it is then you had better not try one with a grip - you really wont want to go back! Richard is a great guy to deal with and this seemingly insignificant add-on really makes a good camera great.

Now, if only I could persuade him to make a slim aluminium auto-cap then my XZ-1 would be complete!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
fcz
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow