Hi Forum Members, Haven't Been Here for Awhile... Need some Insight

Started Mar 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jmknights
jmknights Veteran Member • Posts: 3,689
Hi Forum Members, Haven't Been Here for Awhile... Need some Insight

Due to financial meltdown, continuing health issues, and extremely bad winter haven't been frequenting the forum, and I missed that.

Still have A100,2-A700's,A900,R1,Nex 5 and HandyCam Sr12(10 meg. still and 120GB hard drive HiDef)

My wife and I are still track photographer for Lebanon Valley Dragway and I am acting webmaster.... We added video to our repertoire. The Nex 5 performed flawlessly w/18-55 lens, and the Handycam as well for videos.The Nex 5 is used most of the time for our winner circle photos many taken at dark w/only stadium lights 50/75yrds away. The A900 and A700's took more than 25,000 photos at the track not to include, family, new grand daughter, and our 3 yr old grandson.

Fyi, settled on Sony Vegas and Adobe Premiere for video software, and upgraded to CS5 and Lightroom 3+.

Need some insight and information to bring me up to date if forum members wouldn't mind. Anything happening on A900 or A700 replacements? And the Nex 7?

I can only offer some videos and insights learned w/Nex 5 and HandyCam. And software insights as payment...
videos can be seen at:
http://www.youtube.com/my_videos?feature=mhum
and of course my SmugMug photowebsite:
http://photosbyjim.smugmug.com/
Comments and Criticisms Welcome...

Not to bore members but my health issues last falll and winter had to do with uncontrolable diabetes, that thx to my doc. fought w/insurance company and now is under control. Still have issues w/carpal tunnel, arthritis and also new diagnosis for degenerative disc disease. And on top of that on June 23, 2011 I will be 60 yrs old, bummer....

BTW ended up purchashing a 4X4 Side By Side because of my lack of mobility. Here is a link to my purchase and info. about it... I am completely satisfied w/my purchase... and offer my endorsement of that product sales and service...And was a godsend for plowing snow. Btw we had to 24" plus snow storm and countless other 6-12 storms. Aprox. 2 feet of snow still on the ground...Sample the bigger snow storms

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8G2Jv2kC6g

Sorry but I would be remiss in not showing of my premie grand daughter who blessed us w/her presence 7 wks early of the due date.

Photo taken w/Nex5

For indoors we almost exclusively use the Nex 5, normal to low light capabillities are great, and even the crappy little flash works great..

-- hide signature --

Jim in VT

jmknights's gear list:jmknights's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A77 +3 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow