A new toy

Started Mar 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,789
A new toy

I just sold my S200exr and while looking for a new Fuji that qualifies I want to share my joy with those users that still like old film gear.

Today I got the most intriguing present! My 94 years old granddad decided to give me his ex work tool. A Pre WWII (1941 if I am not wrong) Leica IIIc. It goes in a nice case and a lot of accessories with it. The camera has a great and interesting story, but to be short - it is a present form a friend, who was a German officer, at least prior to WWII, his faith during war is unknown to us. The camera has visited many places, but as my granddad was a state reporter and documentary film operator and director this camera has taken pictures tet-a-tet of general Charles du Gaulle, Vietnamese dictator Ho Shi Min, Chinese, Russian and Bulgarian communist state leaders. Many of these have been published a lot and highly valued in the past decades, of course being this old most are well forgotten currently, but I still have a small part of the films and the newspapers/magazines. And the greatest part - two bags of old films of unknown content so far - I should get the time to check these out soon.

Here are a few fast snapshots of some of the gear:

This exposure meter is not as old as the camera, but came as a gift with it

Have a great day/evening!

Yanko
--
Kind Regards,
Yanko Kitanov

I am dreaming to enhance the sensitivity of my own perception and not the sensitivity of my camera's sensor...

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow