Enabling "Servo" mode on Metz 48 AF-1....

Started Feb 21, 2011 | Discussions thread
math guy
math guy Senior Member • Posts: 2,827
Re: Enabling "Servo" mode on Metz 48 AF-1....

Catalana wrote:

Nice, more bang for your buck. What is the needed distance from the P/S to the flash sensor (I assume line of sight between the two)? Did you swivel the flash head to your target and the sensor to the P/S?

Edit: No worries, I read the other thread....

Even so, here's what I did.

Distance: As far as my left hand could reach, so a little over 2 feet from the camera. That was with the camera flash turned down to -2 stops. I suppose it could probably be 4 or 5 feet away at full flash. The problem is that since it needs to be basically in front of the camera, it needs to be moved out of the field of view. In order to do that, it needs to be pretty close to the camera.

Direction: This was the more important change, I think -- making the sensor face the camera. And yes, I did swivel the flash so that it pointed up to the ceiling while the sensor faced the camera.

-- hide signature --

-- Joe S.
'The laws of nature are but the mathematical thoughts of God.' ~ Euclid

http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/josephschmitt

math guy's gear list:math guy's gear list
Sony a6400 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 20mm F2.8 Sigma 30mm F1.4 (E/EF-M mounts) Sigma 16mm F1.4 DC DN (E/EF-M mounts) +5 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow