Challenges....why do I bother....?!?

Started Feb 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
WirenL Senior Member • Posts: 1,513
Challenges....why do I bother....?!?

Please tell me if I really suck at photography or do these challenge votes just not make sense - what is so likable about some photo's?!?

THIS shot finished 117 out of 154, sadly behind 19 birds, 4 Orangutans, 3 standard cats, a fox, camel, bull and an acid trip of a clown!!

Please oh please tell me what is so terrible about my photo that it not only finished behind several mediocre (and understandably great) shots as well as dozens of just spur of the moment, dug out of some crap bin of street candids!!! This is why so many good photographers with outstanding shots don't bother to enter challenges. Because anybody with a sub-par photo enters just because they have some shot laying around and decides to throw it in for kicks, then other people vote for crappy shots instead of shots that imnsho are sooooo much more deserving.

Even some of the shots that didn't win that were outstanding to my eye (limited as it obviously is) were beat out by the standard "cat" shot.

Here is my entry from "Redheads" Please give me critique so I can see if my photography is really as bad as this voting session says it is...

WirenL's gear list:WirenL's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital 25mm 1:2.8 Pancake Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow