Anyone been following this article/thread on Oly?

Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP Pedal2Floor Senior Member • Posts: 1,268
Hope is not a plan...

Thom Hogan is only laying out the facts. It is difficult to refute anything he has said.

I did not post this to troll, you can see my profile and see I have spent a lot of money on Oly equipment so I am not happy with the currrent situation, and at the same time, I am not just going sit here and HOPE something will change. The reality is the reality. This is not FUD, the numbers are real and the scenarios are plausible -- it is in Oly's own hands if they can change what they are doing.

You cannot underestimate Japanese tenacity and sticking to it (look at the fine financial mess that country has itself in) -- however -- the world has changed and fiscal reality is here. They are quickly approaching a point where they need to win or get out. With an aging population all over the world, their resources are better served in medical equipment. They would not be unique in shedding not profit making divisions.

Can they change? Will they change? The article is pointing that they must do something otherwise they will have to close shop.

In all things people should be informed of the good and the bad before they make a decision.

Hope is not a plan.

One good thing about Hogan, when he is wrong he will admit it too.

Pedal2Floor's gear list:Pedal2Floor's gear list
Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow