Anyone been following this article/thread on Oly?

Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
mring1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,148
But there is a growing fire under the smoke...

The losses are substantial, and when broken out by hemisphere the problem mirrors what a lot of us have seen. The importation of a western senior executive - really extraordinary in cultural terms - further bears out the concerns that have been expressed on this thread.

I don't disagree that Olympus's demise has been predicted by a lot of pundits for a number of years. But Olympus Imaging has 5% of the market and has been consistently losing money, with no end to the hemorrhaging in sight, and no clear market strategy other than sell as many m4/3s cameras in the Eastern Hemisphere as they can.

I hear what you're saying, Trapper, but I think the concerns expressed in this thread are legitimate. To ignore them is whistling past the graveyard. OK - I'll take the hit for the hyperbole - but a lot of these problems are very real.

mring1's gear list:mring1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow