Anyone been following this article/thread on Oly?

Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
Rriley
Rriley Forum Pro • Posts: 21,846
Re: About one of the few if not the first I see that notices...

Raist3d wrote:

the scary thing here is the trend. Many are blaming just marketing, I think this is more complex than that. There's a consistent loss pattern. This has been going on now for at least two years and the momentum is down and increasing.

you cant market hardware that you dont have

For the first time I fear that it is possible (even if still not quite likely yet), Olympus imaging may really vanish.

Contrary to what many here would think, no, I don't want that.

theres always been a vigorous composite of negativism towards Olympus and four thirds, some people feature more prominently in that than others. Iindeed an organised cartel of anti olympus trolling (at this extent that is what it is) has become an established way of life on this forum, go to your room be damned. Its difficult to see how the cartel could be so robust in their negativism 'and how they apply it on the one hand', and for them to be seen as sad to see Olympus go if and when they do. People can say it, even mean it, but nobody is gonna believe it

The new british guy may very well step in to clean house. I would imagine he will give IMG a time line, a do or die kinda thing. I don't envy Terada's position right now.

thats always a part of such plans, the thing is they need a plan in the first place. One cant simply put a date on it (which has happened already anyway) and not have a proposal on the table to fix what they or 'we' see as wrong. If things need fixing and they do, that has to be clearly articulated, otherwise they may as well scrap it right now (and they might)

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- "You are taking life too seriously if it bugs you in some way that a guy quotes himself in the .sig quote" - Ricardo

-- hide signature --

Riley

any similarity to persons living or dead is coincidental and unintended

Rriley's gear list:Rriley's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow