Anyone been following this article/thread on Oly?

Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
stimmer Veteran Member • Posts: 5,140
They completely ignored/turned off the american market...

No SLR's, no new lenses, etc. Announced right before the release of the E5. Absolutely brilliant. Can you imagine any other company doing something like that? Of course the sales were lousy. They did it to themselves. Whoever made those decisions and announcements should be fired on the spot.

There were plenty of us hanging by a thread waiting to make purchases, and they basically threw cold water on everyone's face.

I'm glad the new guy has been hired. Time for a clear direction, one way or another.

They need to invest and try to compete and go top notch. They are fully capable of making a high level cutting edge camera, and multiple of them. The question is will they do it? I think they just need to go for it and see what happens. They can't hang around and just make less than or equal to products. They don't have the clout to pull that off.

Forget all the gimmicks of mirrorless, modular, etc. Just make the best functioning camera they can make. After all the smoke and mirrors of the gimmicky mirrorless stuff wears off, people are going to run for the best performing cameras. They are spending a huge amount of time trying to recreate the wheel.

Just my opinion.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow