Anyone been following this article/thread on Oly?

Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
daleeight Senior Member • Posts: 1,677
Re: Anyone been following this article/thread on Oly?

Whether you like this thread, or Hogan, or not, it is hard to argue a lot of Hogan's points. I been an Olympus shooter for years and years, can't pull the trigger on the micro because I can't see that they know where they are going. Not the micro line, the whole dang photo side of the company.

I want an E-5. Is that the last big 4/3? Will there be a 14 or 16mp "version" some day? Is the new "high end" mockup of a micro lens a marketing ploy to hold interest and hope, or will it drag on till next year? If it does, who will catch-up and pass Oly? Panny? Sony?

People seem to think the money and demand is in micro. I don't, but I'm not a big corporation CEO. If the demand and interest is there, I'd think Canon and Nikon would be there, or well on their way. I don't hear any Canon or Nikon rumours on a mirror-less system. Why not? A fad? A limited market?

The biggest thing Oly can do to help right the ship and stop the water from leaking in the bowels is to SAY SOMETHING. We don't need a full page ad in every magazine saying how great the E-PL whatever is. We need to hear what the FUTURE IS.

And no one on here knows, because they haven't said. They ditched people before, and seem poised to do it again. And what happens when micro isn't quite awesome? More ditches?

Then again, exactly how long will at least 150,000 clicks last me? If I don't get any better at image taking, I don't need better, right? So maybe I can milk it until the old beater quits beating...
--
Dale

daleeight's gear list:daleeight's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN-F Olympus E-M1 II Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow