Anyone been following this article/thread on Oly?

Started Feb 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
jim stirling
jim stirling Veteran Member • Posts: 7,356
Re: We like their cameras...

Pete_CSCS wrote:

I don't understand why Olympus hasn't come out with a micro flagship cam yet. When micro was announced, I thought Olympus would be working on the high end of m4/3rds and Panasonic on the lower end. Instead it's the opposite. Panasonic seems to be calling the shots.

Hi Pete,

I think that a micro flagship from Olympus could be a real winner, especially if they produce a couple of good quality lenses {a definite Olympus strength} and a better level of AF and functionality for FT lenses would attract a lot of potential users.

I really do like mFT and have bought into it with a GF1 and GH2 but overall the lenses are pretty mediocre with typically slow zooms dominating the releases. I think this is a key area on which Olympus could differentiate itself from Panasonic who seem to have been doing most of the driving in mFT.
Jim

jim stirling's gear list:jim stirling's gear list
Panasonic FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Nikon D810 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
Dan
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow