Best (?) Digital Asset Management tool?

Started Feb 12, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Michael Berg
Michael Berg Contributing Member • Posts: 865
Best (?) Digital Asset Management tool?

Hi all,

I shoot mostly in raw and use Capture One for raw conversions. That's all fine and I'm perfectly happy with this.

However I find myself having a lot of directories with a lot of pictures in them, and no easy way of locating things except to give directories meaningful names. However it's far from perfect and I really need a better solution.

What I need is something that will allow me to keep photos in any kind of directory structure that I want, but allow me to "browse" and view photos based either on tags that I have assigned to each photo, or exif metadata such as date taken etc. It would be perfect if this metadata was maintained in files rather than some obscure place like the windows registry.

It seems like there are a multitude of software suites for this type of stuff. If anyone has some experience with one or more of these, please share your thoughts.

-- hide signature --

Mike
http://familienberg.zenfolio.com

PS - Online solutions are not an option in my case. I share some photos online at Zenfolio but I'm looking for something that will help organize the bulk of my portfolio, which is far, far too large to upload anywhere..

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow