Did I do something wrong in Manual?
Tried out an a33 today. But did I do something wrong because in Manual Mode the EVF darkens/lightens with the scene's lighting? More light, brighter; less light, darker. Didn't happen in any other mode, only in Manual. Was something not working correctly, did I miss some setting, or is that the way EVFs work in M on this (all) EVF cameras?
The sales guy didn't know, but thought that in Manual I was seeing the "real" EV of the scene in the EVF, and that made sense because when I opened up the aperture (or slowed down the speed) the EVF image became brighter. If this is how the EVF should work in M, how many folks find seeing "real time EV" image changes to be an advantage along with the traditional EV sliding scale?
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%