It a sad day -- papa fox is dieing

Started Feb 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
breeze_of_wind
OP breeze_of_wind Senior Member • Posts: 1,263
Re: It a sad day -- papa fox is dieing

Thanks for all of your kind words about papa fox.
There is a unique bond between us and animals.
We bring cats, dogs, and other animals into our homes.

We feed birds. We give money to groups that work for the interest of domestic animals.

For me, living at the edge of the woods, I receive great joy at seeing birds at the feeders, butterflies at my flowers, porcupines sitting in a branch of a tree eating the tender bark in winter, deer walking by my front window, racoons and squirrels picking at the seed under the bird feeders -- although to be honest I could do without "fisher cats."

And then there are the foxes. Because papa fox brought his pups into my back yard -- over and over again. Shirley and I came to see them as a family. They were affectionate to one another, they played, they cared. Papa fox was a beautiful animal and now I await his offspring in the spring and summer. Maybe they will come, maybe they will not -- but at least there was once a papa fox.
John

breeze_of_wind's gear list:breeze_of_wind's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow