I'm finally making a switch to Olympus full frame SLR

Started Feb 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
matt_j
matt_j Regular Member • Posts: 307
I'm finally making a switch to Olympus full frame SLR

Just when I thought that I finally learned the layout of all the money pitholes and chasms in photography I had to find a minty Olympus OM2SP for a ridiculous price on the auction site. You see it all starts off quite innocent. Totally doesn't seem like growing another head of the hydra. It's not until later that you realize how much you now need to feed it with money spent on chemistry and all that stuff.

Besides I couldn't mount just any lens on my new minty vintage baby, could I? Nope. Had to get a lens to go with it, so I got an OM Zuiko f/1.4 with a serial number over one million.

Now I'm all anticipation. I'm going to gruesomely kill the postman if he doesn't show up. With mind bullets

For starters I am going to photograph my developed negatives with a 1:1 macro lens and my DSLR against a nice, uniformly lit background and see how this works.

I guess it's going to be RealRAW for me for the next few months. And I can't wait to look into this supposedly marvelous great & big viewfinder!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow