USB wireless adapter question

Started Feb 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Digitalize OP Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: USB wireless adapter question

thanks everyone for your help. It sounds like it is not as easy as I had hoped. But, I can always wire it directly, but it is a distance. thanks again.

chipster2 wrote:

Digitalize wrote:

I have a Panasonic TV with a Ethernet input in the back. I was wondering the best and lowest cost way to connect wireless to my router. Can I somehow hook up a USB wireless device? Any ideas?

Bob is correct. Unless Panasonic has a a device designed for your TV to connect wirelessly, you will not be able to use a USB to Ethernet adapter because there is no way to load a driver on your TV.

I did find an external WiFi to Ethernet bridge that should work on here:

I would start by contacting Panasonic support to see if they do have a solution then if they don't, try to run an Ethernet cable from your router to the TV.

If neither of the above will work, then look for a WiFi to Ethernet bridge like the above.

My Sony Bravia KDL-46EX700 came with a WiFi adapter and it works well.

'I have yet to see any problem, however complicated, which, when looked at in the right way, did not become still more complicated.'

Digitalize's gear list:Digitalize's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony SLT-A57 Sony a77 II
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow