s95 excitement and disappointment: quality issues

Started Jan 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
OP scholar New Member • Posts: 10
Re: s95 excitement and disappointment: quality issues

@ericN2:

This was precisely my point about that "E18 Lens error" message, as my old trusty SD880 turned out to have the same message recorded but I don't remember any malfunctioning with that camera. However, I believe (and many of you helped me in this) that a brand new camera must be free of any such stuff. Furthermore, that 3rd S95 did retract itself a couple of times automatically with "Lens error" message on the screen. Not good = sent back.

@PaulRivers:

True, I follow only this forum, not the others, as I've been a Canon user for years (well, my very first cam was Casio QV-R41 ;-), replaced by Canon A700 which is a great cam, actually, still working fine for my little nephew...). So I cannot fully judge the other vendors, just sometimes some "rumours" being whispered here, too... (Yes, I know, don't judge by rumours but the facts...)

@All:

As I mentioned earlier (and was advised by many) I decided to go again for a replacement, and the 4th S95 has just been delivered. I'll do some tests later in the evening and see what I've got this time. Hoping for the best... update you later...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow