s95 excitement and disappointment: quality issues

Started Jan 31, 2011 | Discussions thread
ericN2
ericN2 Forum Pro • Posts: 16,861
Re: s95 excitement and disappointment: quality issues

Sorry I'm a bit late in throwing in my few comments but I only picked up this thread this morning by chance - it came to the top again with a very new-ish post...

But let me make it clear, I am NOT saying in effect "ignore it".. but rather.. decide just exactly WHAT relevance or importance that error note is.

I saw on here just a few days ago a note about using vers.req to check Shutter Count on the Canons..including the S95... so out of curiosity I did it on my own S95.. not long ago acquired and so far very delighted with it.,

MINE, on one screen, showed a 'message'.. E18:Lens Error .. or whatever it is.. nothing more than that.. no mention of lens stuck or anything...just "Lens Error"

Now I just do not know WHAT gave rise to that..As far as I recall I've NEVER had a stuck lens .. it has, and does, occasionally not focus at near ranges, but I'm sure I now realise correctly that if you are in any zoomed position, then naturally it will just not focus on a spot until you are relatively distant from it, according to amount of zoom used.. Does a failed focus in any way create the message?. I don't know...

But since I yet see NO practical reason why it has recorded that message.. I'm relying on a "better the Devil you know..." thing.. I do NOT have the slightest reason to discredit the camera I have - quite the cointrary really..it is now performing excellently.. so why presume it will do otherwise at some relatively distant time ??

I've had a very bad experience in years goine by with Canon Service to me.. and no way am I going to let go a perfectly good performing camera just because of an unknown reason note.

-- hide signature --

eric-UK
Staffordshire

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow