Can you name 2 frequent mistakes and 2 non-typical uses for softboxes

Started Jan 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
Joseph S Wisniewski Forum Pro • Posts: 34,130
The fact here is very simple...

andrewD2 wrote:

Joseph S Wisniewski wrote:

andrewD2 wrote:

1) The deep octas are as deep as you could want.

The deep octas are too small, 100cm is an 8.8 ft2 area, a 6x4 softbox is about 3x that, 24 ft2. Heck, the deep octa is smaller than the 3x4 I call the "small" softbox.

And the biggest Rotalux, period, is the 100cm square,

I'll stop there while you get your facts right.

Why? I gave you the courtesy of responding when you went on and on and on with your near total absence of facts.

The fact here is very simple.

Other brands of light support a standard Chimera, Plume, Westcott, etc. deep 4x6 softbox, without needing what Elinchrom describes as "The featherweight box", because other brands have a more robust attachment system than the Elinchrom.

You've made numerous attempts to distract from that fact with comments about how easy they are to mount, or questions like "Have you ever broken a genuine rotalux speedring with a rotalux softbox on an elinchrom light?"

That's flat out not the issue, and you know it. That's a fact, and I've certainly got it right.

-- hide signature --

Rahon Klavanian 1912-2008.

Armenian genocide survivor, amazing cook, scrabble master, and loving grandmother. You will be missed.

Ciao! Joseph

http://www.swissarmyfork.com

Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list:Joseph S Wisniewski's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D3 Nikon D100 +43 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow