FZ100 Problems!

Started Jan 14, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NoleFan84 New Member • Posts: 7
FZ100 Problems!

Hi guys and gals. I hate for this to be my first post, but my wife and I were planning on joining in order to be able to get the most out of our new camera anyways.

I ordered an FZ100 for my wife for Christmas. Well, right out of the box, the pictures were horrible. They were "ok" if you used flash, but image stabilization and the pictures were terribly noisy. I figured it was just a learning curve, as we have never owned such an advanced camera. Well after playing with the settings, we still weren't pleased with the camera.

We finally a couple of days later got to compare it to the FZ40 that my best friend bought for his wife for Christmas. Well after making sure all of the settings were the same, we took pictures, and they were night and day. The FZ100 wasn't even close. Even the screen is horrible. When putting the lens cap on with the camera on, on the FZ100 you can see all kind of static, when on the FZ40, there is just black, no static.

Let me just say, that I did upload the newest firmware on the camera, and that didn't seem to help. But by that time, we decided we had a faulty unit, and sent it back. We just got the replacement in the mail today, and it is the same thing. I am going to post pictures below to show what I am talking about. Even right out of the box, I don't expect this camera to take these kind of images.

Current plan (unless you guys can help me fix) is to send the camera back tomorrow and just have them send me an FZ40, and use store credit for the remaining cost and get a nice tripod or something. Or should I conisder a different camera/brand? My big deal is the frames per second, and my wife loves the flip out screen, but has decided she would much rather have the FZ40 without the flip out, with the better pictures.

Any and all help is appreciated!!! Thanks

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow