Neat sharpening observation, E-5 vs D700

Started Jan 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
John King
John King Forum Pro • Posts: 14,941
Re: Neat sharpening observation, E-5 vs D700

bobn2 wrote:

John King wrote:

• 'Expose to the right' doesn't work for me with any of my three bodies (E-1/510/30). I get blown highlights and noisy shadows, even with my E-30 and E-1.

John, can you take us through how you operate ETTR?

No.

It shouldn't be possible to get both blown highlights and noisy shadows, so odds are there's something unusual in you modus operandi.

What I do works.

However when the four channels of the histogram approximate a normal distribution curve, my results are excellent (Luminance, R-G-B).

I'm also a little puzzled as to what's going on here. I don't see many scenes where the histogram resembles a normal distribution curve.

I do.

If you actually read what I wrote, you would have realised that I am talking about my experience with my three Olympus cameras.

You do not own any Olympus cameras, and I explicitly stated that what I was writing did not appear to apply to cameras made by other makers. Perhaps you should take more care when you read things.

-- hide signature --

-

John King's gear list:John King's gear list
Olympus E-1 Olympus E-510 Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5 II +17 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow