OT- Shoot. Love. Be happy

Started Dec 31, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Grenosr New Member • Posts: 24
OT- Shoot. Love. Be happy

Only posting here because I'm researching the GH2 as a possible purchase and appreciate what I've learned from folks. Reposting my response to an blog that cought my eye.

http://gizmodo.com/5721965/shooting-on-film-is-one-of-the-most-frustrating-experiences-yet-i-wont-stop

To all the naysayers of film, Ef you.

Us older folks used to have to shoot without the instant feedback you got from todays cameras. It was an incredible experience. Sometimes the shot you thought was perfect came out horible but on the flip side sometimes the shot you didn't think was so great really came out beautifull. I kind miss that experience.

On the flip side, for a casual shooter, 17% isn't really that bad. I've found over the years that the key to successful photographs is "Shoot like a damn fool!!!" Something is bound to turn out. I know if you are a pro, you demand higher standards and predictability but for me, I love the randomness that comes from not knowing how the shots turn out. I don't even look at the instant review that much any more. Popping the the flash card in my laptop is like a nostalgic trip to Eckerd's. Shoot, Love, be happy.

Grenosr's gear list:Grenosr's gear list
Sony RX100 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow