K-5 bizarre BUG in wireless mode...???

Started Dec 27, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JirkaS Regular Member • Posts: 126
K-5 bizarre BUG in wireless mode...???

1.) first indication that something is wrong:

when I am setting the channel there is no confirmation on camera and when I enter the wireless flash program there is just some strange blink in the viewfinder instead of channel information staying for 10 sec. (p.193 of k-5 manual and every model I have – K20, Kx)

2.) conditions: used flash Pentax 360, flash constantly in a distance from object cca. 1-1,5 m (well enough for “power” of the flash), camera in Av or M or X program , ISO 400, f 8 (or any adequate aperture)

AF mode: from distance of 1m exposure is OK (K-5 = slight overexposure) but from a distance of 2m and over (flash in the same distance from object) there is a horrible underexposure cca. -4 EV

MF mode: again, from distance of 1m exposure is OK (K-5 = slight overexposure) but when changing the focus distance on the lens ring to 2m and over (staying in the same distance, 1m from object) there is identical horrible underexposure cca. -4 EV.

This bizarre relation between focusing distance on lens and the output of the flash is completely preposterous, something outside of any logic …  … and of course I have checked this occurrence with all my lenses

I would like to ask some owners of the K-5 to simulate the same situation/conditions and check if it is specifically just my camera or if it is the bug _ corrupted wireless program of K-5 in general. …. thanks for your reply ….

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
sbc
sbc
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow