Forgive Me, Mr. Jobs...

Started Dec 15, 2010 | Discussions thread
Sal Baker Forum Pro • Posts: 10,376
Re: Your a fan... and your wrong on all accounts...

fucile wrote:

gaussian blur wrote:

fucile wrote:

That's an option, but tethering usually costs extra, you can't get push notifications (unless you're currently tethered, which you wouldn't be 24/7) and it's less convenient.

My iPhone plan in Canada allows me to tether my data plan at no additional cost. I get 6GB for $30.00/mo. How is it less convenient? Everybody caries their cell phone with them and I have a much more powerful portable computer than the iPad.

I would think it would be much easier to just ignore a product you don't want or need rather than spending so much time and energy explaining your reasons.

Obviously, everyone is different. The millions who are buying the iPad have reasons to purchase, even if you don't. For example, I don't have (or need) a laptop, and I don't have an iPhone. I have dozens of reasons why I love the iPad, but for photography, the iPad makes for a gorgeous photo portflio for clients. They love holding it and flicking through the images. A laptop, if I had one, is not nearly the same user experience in this regard.

Enjoy not having an iPad!

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
BJN
BJN
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow