E-5 Raw noise performance = E-30/ ballpark E-3's

Started Dec 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
nyfalls Contributing Member • Posts: 802
Re: E-5 Raw noise performance = E-30/ ballpark E-3's

I'm getting a kick out of how Raist post facts and then the fanboys descend on you with "troll, troll, troll" and various name calling. It happens all too often in this board and it's the reason I despise most of you fanboy bullies. Yes, Oly is great, that's why we are here. Now shut up and take some criticism too.

Rather than waste my time with stupid asessements and theories as to why if you take a test this way or that way, or if you calculate stops this way or that way (talking about a particular fanboy right now), I'll just say... as an e-30 user since the day it came out, and an exclusive RAW shooter (with the exception of my trip to China where the beloved Oly engine f--ked my white balance on the majority of my pics and added a red cast to MOST, and someone very tempted by the E-5, who as looked at every RAW file available. My conclusion is YES the RAW FILES are pretty much the same. Any difference does not make a difference in processing and picture quality. In fact, with my experience E5 noise does NOT handle well with (noiseNinja, Denoise, and Noiseware) compared so my 510 or s95. In fact, it's pitiful. So, yes, to the fanboys trying to justify their purchase, yeah there is a difference in RAW, slight. But it's so slight it makes no difference in processing and image quality and it's certainly does not justify the price tag or the wait.

It's the same sensor... and the raw is pretty much the same. The only difference is the light hitting the sensor, which is a bit less scattered.

If there really was an improvement, like better surrounding circuitry (this has always been heresy from oly users), then Oly would claim it as a spec and market it. IT's simply not true. When it comes to RAW, it's a weather proof e30. Sorry. Live with it. Stop trying to make up a bunch of facts to prove otherwise.

I just find it silly the lengths the fanboys go to argue otherwise. The evidence is all there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see it.

Anyways, my e-30 broke... and when it boils down to it... I have a choice... e30 or e5, and I'm going e-30, because the e-5 offers nothing for me in the realm of raw that is signifficantly upgraded from my 2 year old camera.. Laughable. Simply laughable. And sad.

Bring on the fanboy flaming and troll accusations!
And where is that guy who always looks at post history?

-- hide signature --

Upstate NY Waterfalls and Photography
My Galleries: http://www.nyfalls.com
My Niagara Falls Gallery: http://www.nyfalls.com/niagara/niagara-main.html

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow