E-5 Raw noise performance = E-30/ ballpark E-3's

Started Dec 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP Raist3d Forum Pro • Posts: 38,615
You will have to forgive me if I don't...

on one end I do have access to some E-5 raw files, so it's not like it's all in a theoretical vacuum to me. On the other, take the word of people where, in this forum? If it was for that I would have not found what was behind the 620 and many other things.

I rather stick to my brain and observations on this, though certainly more samples provide a fuller picture. I will agree with you more detail should help a bit but a full shot stop lower... I dunno. I see already people describing things obviously glossing a few things that are a bit obvious so I am not sure I can just rely on people talking about it.

jkrumm wrote:

Ricardo, I think this is one area where you will have to take the word of people who have been shooting the cameras every day, in raw, and developing the photos. They look better. Noise might be the same, but the noise to detail ratio is improved enough to make the photos appear like they were shot a stop lower sometimes.

-- hide signature --

Raist3d (Photographer & Tools/Systems/Gui Games Developer)
Andreas Feininger (1906-1999) 'Photographers — idiots, of which there are
so many — say, “Oh, if only I had a Nikon or a Leica, I could make great
photographs.” That’s the dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. It’s
nothing but a matter of seeing, and thinking, and interest. That’s what
makes a good photograph.'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Leo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow