Lovely D3 - Wedding pre-shoot

Started Dec 11, 2010 | Discussions thread
GlobalGuyUSA Senior Member • Posts: 2,016
Re: Lovely D3 - Wedding pre-shoot

I really like #5 (other than the leg position thing), because i completely get it "the world around us, but you are the only thing in my eyes -- right now we are the world entirely, just us" romantic notion. Its very well expressed in the photograph.

I disagree that its too contrived. I think its rather more like a poem. Just in poetry one doesn't speak as one would on the street, its expressed in different language, which is handled carefully. And thats good, because its different and interesting and done well.

I do agree however that the body position is too contrived. They could have been more natural. I feel they are "half-posed" -- so either they need to be fully posed in a position that has been thought in advance (not so ad hoc), or they should be natural. Its tough though. The photo works, its just that he is dominating a bit much, and she is being snapped in half a bit much, as others say.

I don't pose people, but I am guessing that when positioning men and women, remembering to bring them together (legs thing), and asking them to do something familiar and natural (a romantic dance, an embrace, hold hands) might work better than perhaps asking them do a "dip" or something, which might not normally occur, because they wont be familiar with it.

But I dont know. Im just c/cing as as OP requested.
--

Sincerely,

GlobalGuyUSA

GlobalGuyUSA's gear list:GlobalGuyUSA's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 20mm f/1.8G ED +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow