clinical Versus un-clinical?

Started Dec 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
Mark Ehlers Senior Member • Posts: 1,883
Re: Oh, brother!

nbanja wrote:

Why should I start being an expert on retouching photos that were "captured" on super market plastic bag Vinyl material (sensor)?

I'm not going to answer that question directly, because frankly, it's a pretty ridiculous question. It sounds like you're really frustrated. That's okay, we've all been there.

It's a shame that you haven't been able to use good digital equipment and learn how to use it properly. We are possibly living in the best era for photography, with so many options to make so many great pictures. Of course, it has to begin with the photographer and his ability to see light and learn the characteristics of his equipment. Unfortunately, it appears that you're still struggling with that rudimentary, but very important step.

I already have enough of looking at lifeless, depth-less digital images all over the net. Thanks but no thanks.

Yes, the lifeless ones are there. But thanks to the gifted photographers out there (who are willing to share their work with the world), we are able to learn what is possible. Keep watching. Keep learning. Keep asking questions (possibly in a less confrontational way), and one day you might find yourself seeing that light yourself. And when that day comes, you might feel confident enough to share some of your own work. Best of luck.

-- hide signature --

• Mark Ehlers (formerly 'markE')

'Good street/wildlife photography is a controlled accident,
a vision of preparation and surrender materialized.'

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow