clinical Versus un-clinical?

Started Dec 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
OP nbanja Regular Member • Posts: 180
Re: clinical Versus un-clinical?

stealth3kpl wrote:

Nbanja, I think when people speak of a clinical rendering they're saying the image is very crisp and sharp. Aspheric lenses in lens systems are there to reduce aberrations, particularly spherical aberrations where the outer most rays come to a focus further behind or infront of the focus of the rays close to the optic axis. This might be desirable for some imagery but you and I know there's more to photography than clean sharp images. It's often the aberrations causing some image degradation that makes an image more appealing. This is why some prefer the pre aspheric lenses.
Pete
--

There are people who use cameras to make photos and there are people who make photos to use cameras. - John Sypal

Great answer!

But now let me ask you why is an ASPH lens so expensive because of that element while some cheap Nikkor Zooms have it and they're worth no more then 200$.

Or even the 50 f1.5 Nokton with TWO asph elements while much cheaper. Also, the Nokton's look is nothing really modern or '"clinical"...

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow