Image Stabilizer during video (5DII)
You hit the nail on the head. You can hear the IS operating and it is annoying. Now, if you get an external mic for the hotshoe and put a dead cat on it you should be fine.
The only immediate disadvantage I seem to see is the sound of the IS operating and is very audible in playback.
owner of The Magic in Pixels.com, a site by Disney Theme Park Photographers for Disney Theme Park Photographers.
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%