HS10 buy it again ??

Started Jun 8, 2010 | Discussions thread
Silent Oracle
Silent Oracle Senior Member • Posts: 2,913
Re: HS10 buy it again ??

Silent Oracle wrote:

Honestly, yes.

But to be fair to the HS10, the reasons why photographers returned the camera are very important to the overall equation of consumer satisfaction:

• Did photographers return the camera because it didn't fit their shooting needs? In other words.....there was nothing wrong with the camera - it just didn't suit their personal shooting agenda.

• Did photographers return the camera because it was inferior in the area of IQ? Tricky - because each photographer has a different level of IQ Satisfaction.

• Did photographers return the camera because of unsatfactory design/construction? If so, it would be curious to determine if the particular camera arrived equipped with faults, or if the complaint was across the board in the area of elementary design.

• Were their extenuating faults with the camera that triggered the return? 'Oh dear, my budget can't afford this' .......or 'Henry - you return your HS10 OR ELSE!' ......or 'I thought this darn thing would shoot Pluto easily' ......or 'the HS10 is horrible because I photographed a bird from a mile away and I can't see his eyes with clarity - much less the reflection therein'.

Based on the reason of the return the results might be much different than 'this camera is a piece of junk'......or 'this camera is a gem'. There may be reason for a middle-ground, something between 'yes' and 'no'.

Official Disclaimer: I'm certainly not a fan-princess as I own just about every brand of camera on the market.

-- hide signature --

Silent Oracle

I made these comments way back in June. They still hold true. The HS10 is a great little camera.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
aig
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow