New Mac User -- First Impressions

Started Dec 6, 2010 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jaydubbs15 Contributing Member • Posts: 614
New Mac User -- First Impressions

I bought an iMac on black Friday and I just set it up last night. Here are my first impressions. The computer is very responsive. The set up was very easy and I love the stylish all-in-one package, and easy expandibility, which is something I lacked confidence in with my Dell. The organizational set up of the computer is great! And I can see that the switch from a PC is not going to be difficult. There are a few disappointments however. One, the screen is beautiful and the clarity is impressive, however, despite being a 21.5 inch screen the actual viewing area is very small and when I expanded the size of the viewing area the clarity and sharpness of the picture dropped to disappointing levels. Two, for a computer company that is focused on converting PC users the prompts upon a first usage does not make data transfer from a PC to Mac very easy (although it does from Mac to Mac.) So I am still looking into how to transfer my pics and other data from my PC to the Mac. Third, I hope I am misreading something, but the manual states that I only have 90 days of free service and the hours for service are Monday through Friday, from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. I have access to 24/7 service with my Dell, now going on 10 years old.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow