How do you carry multiple lenses at events?

Started Nov 22, 2010 | Discussions thread
MOD Higuma Veteran Member • Posts: 4,418
Suit Jacket - Can be done...

When I am shooting an event that I absolutely MUST wear a Jacket and Tie - I routinely use a Black Rapid Double Strap under my Jacket "without" the chest / sternum strap attached - - In that way you can still wear a suit and tie and carry two cameras for an extended period without the next day neck / back ache if required...

I had a custom black casual suit made specifically for this purpose that has a slightly oversized relaxed fitting Jacket c/w oversized inside pockets for small lenses & or accessories... I am not a big fan of large outer pockets as they look & FEEL quite bulky... When a tux is required then it's easy just to rent a jacket size larger but if you were to do a lot of black tie then you might consider getting a "Photo" Tux made...

If the Jacket is "double vented" it makes it easier to get to your cameras as well...

WORD of caution... If this is an event where there may be a security detail then please take the time to introduce yourself in advance and show them how you will be "carrying"... That sort of bulk under a jacket can send the security guys into overdrive and it's never fun having a gun drawn on you...

As a modification I have been considering having two "oversized" button hole type slots built into a couple of dress shirts so that I can thread the chest strap through the shirt and behind the tie - I need to do some test runs with old shirts first to see if it is effective enough...

-- hide signature --

Cheers...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow