Shortfalls of the D700

Started Nov 18, 2010 | Discussions thread
Robin Casady Forum Pro • Posts: 12,898
Re: Heres a few

CriticalI wrote:

When putting the camera in a bag (or taking it out) its too easy to inadvertantly press the lens release, slide the card cover off, pop the flash or move the AF control lever. The card cover needs a catch...

I've been using Nikons since 1967 and have never accidentally released the lens while removing the camera from the bag. Also, the CF card cover works fine for me. Never accidentally opened it.

I'd rather not see a lot of nanny mechanisms added to the camera that make it more difficult to operate.

...the flash button needs to be less prominant and the lens release not so exposed. If it was flush with the body it would work better.

Forgot about the flash. While the button hasn't been a problem, I'd prefer it if the D700 didn't have a built-in flash. Leave built-in flash for the consumer DSLRs, they shouldn't be on prosumer DSLRs.

A number of times I have switched the camera on and got an error.

Don't understand this one. What were you doing?

Also, the highlight smearing at high ISO can spoil some low light shots.

I haven't noticed this. What conditions cause it? I'd like to see examples so I would know what to watch for.

-- hide signature --
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
eNo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow